Sunday, May 13

Mother's Day... Plus Some

I think I should start this post with an ecard. 


This is SOOOO my mom! She is quite the talker and I am currently trying to convince her to get texting so I don't have to listen to a 5 minute voicemail while I'm at work or sitting in the movie theater. But obviously this post is not about the things my mom does that annoy me. So let me get it started...

I was always been my Moma's sidekick. Where she went, I went. What she did, I did. We were two peas in a pod. After my dad died, our bond became even stronger. As I have grown older we have had our differences and I have become very different from her in many ways, but in others I have remained the same. I am thankful every day that I have her on my side. She is my fighter. When I am sick (and I am always sick) she gets things done. She gets my medicine, even when everyone gives her the run around. She buys foods she knows that I can eat. She does anything and everything to make me better, even if I don't appreciate it at the time. Some days when I am mad at her I forget how lucky I am to have her. But then there are days when her love for me truly shines and I can't be more thankful to have her as my mother. I hope all of you are so lucky as to have or had a mother as wonderful, caring, selfless, and loving as mine.

On another note... I got a second job! At a hair salon in Milledgeville called Stage One. I think I mentioned it in one or two older posts. I am quite excited! I start training tomorrow and I am a little nervous. New jobs always scare me but I know I can do this, and I think I am a likable girl so I shouldn't have a problem with the other girls working there. (Fingers crossed!) I am hoping that it can help me make a final decision about cosmetology school. I mean, I really want to do it and I know I would be good AND enjoy it, which is important, but making the commitment is stressing me out. My sweet boyfriend is finally home after spending 3 years, our FIRST 3 years, apart and I hate to do anything that would separate us again so I am waiting on him to get a good solid job before I apply anywhere. I know what ya'll are thinking, but please think of how you would feel after so long of seeing each other only a couple of times a week and finally being together now. 

Just wanted to let ya'll in on my good news and please, for those of you who do, pray for me because I am so so hoping that this job will be flexible with my current job and vice versa. I am totally wigging out and may need some divine intervention for this to work out. 

Hope ya'll are all having a wonderful Mother's Day and don't forget to remind your mothers how much they mean to you EVERY DAY! And keep me in your thoughts!

Love and Happy Blogging, 
Hannah

1 comment:

  1. That mama of yours is a character. She does a lot for you and it is hard to appreciate it all the time but I think she knows. Y'all are so much alike that it's normal to fight even if its everyday :). I know you're going to rock your new job. You are a likeable person and that's how I know you're going to own it!! Text me as soon as you're off :) loversssss you hanner

    ReplyDelete